Applying for funding
If you are thinking of applying for funding from Barrow Cadbury Trust please watch our animation first. Click on the icon to the right of this screen to watch it. You might also find it useful to read our Vision, Mission and Values.
Please only fill in an application form if you have already discussed your project with us and we have asked you to complete a full application.
What you need to know about Barrow Cadbury Trust before applying
- The Trust is an independent, charitable foundation committed to bringing about a more just and equal society.
- The Trust has a Quaker heritage and looks for long-term solutions and structural change by addressing the root causes of inequality.
- Because the problems we address are complex we often work in partnership with others such as grant-holders, other trusts and foundations, local and national government, to identify solutions. Focusing on a small number of areas through our programmes, we aim to influence those areas by building an evidence base, advocating for change and making sure that the voices of people affected by social injustices are heard.
- Much of our work is directed at change on a national level but if we work locally, where we can it’s almost always in Birmingham and the surrounding area.
- We are a relatively small funder, with specific programme aims. We only fund work that contributes to those aims and do not respond to general appeals. Please read our programme guidance carefully and, if you are not sure if your project fits our critics, complete our enquiry form or talk to us before your apply.
- Barrow Cadbury Trust does not accept unsolicited applications for work outside the UK.
- Have a look at this pdf of our funded work which will give you some idea of the organisations we work with and the nature of the projects and initiatives which align with our model for change.
When can you apply?
You can apply at any time. We do not have set grant-making periods.
How can you apply?
On the programme pages you will find information about the funding criteria for each programme as well as a link to a short online enquiry form for you to complete if you think we might be the right funder for your work. If you are new to Barrow Cadbury Trust please do read and watch the information on these pages before completing the online enquiry form. Please fill in an application form if you have already discussed your project with us and we have asked you to fill one in.
How do we make a decision and how long does the decision-making process take?
We aim to respond to your enquiry within 10 working days. If, following submission of your enquiry form, you are invited to make a full application, the assessment and decision process at the application form stage may take up to four months. Please bear this in mind when planning your start date.
How do I find out about other funders?
Click here for further information about funders in the Birmingham and West Midlands area.