The Trust’s vision is of a just and peaceful society which recognises the equal value of all people.
The Trust’s mission is to use all of our assets, especially our money, to work with others to bring about structural change for a more just and equal society.
- Voice: The Trust is committed to ‘speaking truth to power’ by enabling the unfiltered voices of people’s real lived experience to influence those in power
- Collaboration: Recognising that we can achieve little on our own, the Trust works in partnership with others to build movements for change
- Engagement: The Trust aims to use the power that having independent money gives us and to work with all our partners respectfully in the interests of our shared goals.
- Independence: The Trust sees a strong civil society, of which we are a part and which we will nurture, as a key mechanism for holding the powerful to account.
- Learning: The Trust seeks to learn from all the work we undertake and support – and to share that learning widely to increase impact.
- Innovation and evidence: The Trust will work over a sustained period of time to find and build an evidence base for new solutions to old problems
- Quaker values: The Trust respects its historical roots in Birmingham and in Quaker values, although now embracing all faiths and none.
- Strengthening civil society
- Putting equality at the heart of everything we do
- Addressing gender based disadvantage
- Addressing racism in all its forms.
- Promoting sustainable development